We're building a сloud-based smart home with flawless user interaction.
Adomi is a smart home technology solution that connects houses to the cloud. It is installed in luxury private houses as part of new construction projects by the Veev Group in Silicon Valley.
Adomi was born as a prototype running on a single Intel NUC in a single house. Adomi has evolved as a cloud solution that can operate hundreds of homes and hundreds of thousands of connected devices, simultaneously.
Building a production-grade system from a prototype was not easy and came with real-life engineering challenges:
• How to make communication between cloud, hub, and devices secure?
• How to speed up the configuration and testing of smart devices?
• How to ensure the system can scale?
• How to make it easy to control everything in the house for the residents?
Adomi was started by a single person, Alon Klein, who has experience in hardware design and manufacturing. When we first met, Alon managed to build an initial prototype and was looking for full-stack engineers with expertise in:
• AWS services and backend engineering
• Android and iOS apps development
• Web applications development and testing
• IoT protocols & hardware integration (Light controllers, HVAC, Smart Locks, Rings, and Window Blinds)
With over 2 years of development, our team has completed more than 52 sprints and has built cloud, hub software, mobile and web applications that are part of the Adomi system.
Forgot to turn off the lights when you left your house? The Adomi User app allows residents to control their house even if they are out and about. The Adomi User app is available both for Android and iOS.
Voice is the most natural way for humans to interact. Residents of Adomi houses can use Alexa or Siri virtual assistants to control other smart devices in their house.